NEW STUDENT INFORMATION
& CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
“The whole basis of proper breathing is to ensure a perfect state of mind.”
~ Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
New to Yoga, Ashtānga Yoga or Mysore Style Ashtānga? We specialize in a personalized approach to yoga offering a wide breadth of yogic wisdom to the practice: alignment, proper breathing, vinyāsa, meditation, philosophy & chanting.
Ashtānga Yoga: Founded upon even breathing, core strength & concentration, Ashtānga Yoga, synchronizes breath with movement bringing you a lighter, stronger & healthier body, mind & spirit. When approached properly, anyone can practice Ashtānga Yoga safely & effectively to enjoy its many benefits.
• If you would like to be inspired by Ashtānga Yoga, but are not sure how committed you are, then we recommend coming to a Led Ashtānga Yoga class either in Costa Mesa or Laguna Beach (see schedule here »).
• If you want to practice Ashtānga Yoga starting from square one, developing a foundation to last you your whole life, then you should commit to practicing 3 or more days weekly. You will get personalized instruction in the Mysore Ashtānga Yoga class to teach you the practice step-by-step. Please Call or Email to discuss further if necessary, or simply come to class anytime: Mysore Class Schedule.
• If you have experience practicing Ashtānga Yoga, but you don't know the sequence completely, you are more than welcome to come anytime to the Mysore Class. You will get ample assistance helping you to learn the sequence properly.
MYSORE ASHTĀNGA YOGA
Personal One-on-One Instruction: David has been practicing & teaching yoga for 30 years. Whether you are completely new to yoga or have many years of previous experience, personal instruction offers you the greatest benefits.
Mysore Ashtanga Yoga - About the Class: Mysore style functions differently than other yoga classes. Student are instructed one-on-one and at a pace according to personal ability. This ensures a safe, effective & enjoyable experience of Ashtānga Yoga, while maximizing the benefits you receive & the progress you make in yoga.
LED ASHTĀNGA YOGA
Saturday Morning Schedule:
• 7:00 - 8:45 am, Led Primary Series: The Ashtānga Yoga Primary Series taught in the traditional manner enumerating each vinyāsa - New Students & Drop-ins Welcome.
Saturday Early Morning:
• 6:00 - 6:30 am, Prāṇāyāma: Breathing is the most important component of any good yoga practice. Whether our goal is better postures, better health, more emotional peace, a healthier back or simply just to become enlightened, diving deeper into our breathing processes is the best way to quicken our success.
Please, no late entry for prāṇāyāma.
• 6:30 - 7:00 am, Chanting: Chanting awakens our vitality while bringing depth to our yoga practice. It is both a meditative practice as well as a solid foundation for the study of yoga philosophy. Unlike āsana practice, chanting, prāṇāyāma, meditation & philosophy continue to improve with age.
No experience required - all are welcome!